Ammonium Chloridehave different usages with different grades. More pure ammonium chloride is prepared for more specific fields ofapplication. Most important of those is as electrolyte in dry cell batteries. A principal use of ammonium chloride has been as a fluxing agent for Hot Dip Galvanizing & Top Flux Galvanizing of steel and in the refining of zinc.Ammonium chloride is also used in the textile and leather industry, in dyeing, tanning, textile printing and cotton clustering.
- Source of Nitrogen in Fertilisers.
- Nutritive media for Yeast Microbiological Organisms.
- An Electrolyte in Zinc-Carbon Batteries.
- Used as a Flux in Preparing Metals to be Tin Coated, Galvanised and Soldered.
- Used as a Buffer Solution when used in Conjunction with Ammonia.
- Used as Expectorant in Cough Medicines.
- Used in the Textile and Leather Industry.
- Used in Hair Shampoos and Cleaning Products.
- Used in Plywood Glue.
- Used in Cooling Baths to Produce Low Temperatures.
- Used for Cleaning Tip of Soldering Irons.
- Used to add Lustre to Cotton.