Sodium Metabisulphite (SMBS), white/creamy in color & with a pungent sulphur odour and dissolvable in water. The chemical formula forit is Na2S2O5, an inorganic compound made up of sodium, sulfur and oxygen, andused in many industries such as Food, Leather, Textile, Mining, Water Treatment, Construction Chemicals and Paper.
We are offering the finest quality Sodium Metabisulphite to our clients in secure packaging options. Appreciated for its precise composition and enhanced shelf life, it is used as a disinfectant, antioxidant and preservative agent. This chemical is extensively used as a preservative and antioxidant in food. The offered chemical is formulated using quality approved chemical compounds with the help of pioneering methodology under the most suitable condition. Apart from this, we provide this Sodium Metabisulphite at an affordable price range to our valued patrons.
Blessed & supported by the highly qualified team of experienced personnel, our company is considered as one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Sodium Metabisulphite. These chemicals are widely used in beverage, food and water treatment industry. Our offered chemicals are well recognized in the market for its significant properties such as accurate composition, purity and longer shelf life. We are offering this Sodium Metabisulphite to our prestigious customers at reasonable prices.ï
Features of Sodium Metabisulphite:
- Low mixing ratio
- Accurate composition
- Non hazardous
- Excellent chemical stabilityïï
It is used in Leather Processing.ï
- It is used in Textile for Colour Fixative.
- It is used in photography.
- It is used as a bleaching agent in the production of coconut cream.
- It is used for preserving (prevent browning) of fruit & vegetables. It is also known as anti-browning agent.
- It is used as a solvent in the extraction of starch from tubers,ïfruit,ïand cereal crops.
- It is used in chips to help keep freshly cut chipsïdry and white, preventing browning or discolouration.ï
- Owing to its antimicrobial properties, sodium metabisulfite can be used as a preservative, reducing agent, antioxidant, disinfectant, color fixative, leavening agent and bleaching agent in alcoholic beverages such as wine, cocktail mixes, wine coolers, etc., pastries including cookies, quiche crust, pizza crust, crackers, mixes with dried fruits and juices, etc.
- It is also being used as an important additive in the sea food processing majorly shrimps.
- It is used as a pickling agent to treat high pressure reverse osmosis and nanofiltration water desalination membranes for extended storage periods between uses.
- It is usedïalso be used as a cost-effective solution for the water treatment and removal of free chlorine.
- It is used as a reducing agent to break sulfide bonds in shrunken items of clothing made of natural fibres, thus allowing the garment to go back to its original shape after washing
- It is also used as anïexcipientïin someïtablets, such asïparacetamol.
- It is an alternative to sulphur dioxide which is used in sterilization of equipment.
- In combination withïsodium hydrosulfiteïit is used as a rust-stain remover
- Concentrated sodium metabisulfite can be used to removeïtree stumps. Some brands contain 98% sodium metabisulfite, and cause degradation ofïligninïin the stumps, facilitating removal.ï